Prayer of St. Patrick:
God guide you. May the eye of God look before you, the ear of God hear you, the word of God speak for you. May the hand of God protect you, the way of God lie before you, the shield of God defend you, the host of God save you. May Christ shield you today. Christ with you, Christ before you, Christ behind you, Christ in you, Christ beneath you, Christ above you, Christ on your right, Christ on your left, Christ when you lie down, Christ when you sit, Christ when you stand, Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of you, Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of you, Christ in every eye that sees you, Christ in every ear that hears you. Amen.
What Are Forbidden Sexual Acts in the Bible?
- Fornication (Gen. 38:24 | Lev. 21:9 | Deut. 22:21 | 1 Cor. 6:18 | 1 Cor. 7:2 | Heb. 13:4)
- Adultery (Ex. 20:14 | Deut. 5:18 | Prov. 6:32 | Matt. 5:27-32 | Matt. 15:19 | 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
- Polygamy (Gen. 2:1-8 | Matt. 19:4-6 | Gen. 4:19-24 | 1 Kin. 11:1-9 | 1 Tim. 3:2 | 1 Tim. 3:12)
- Rape (Gen. 34:1-31 | Jdg. 19:1-30 | 2 Sam. 13:11-14)
- Incest (Lev. 18 | Lev. 20 | Lev. 27)
- Homosexuality (Lev. 18:22 | Lev. 20:13 | Rom. 1:26-27 | 1 Cor. 6:9)
- Bestiality (Ex. 22:19 | Lev. 20:15-16 | Deut. 27:21)
- Prostitution (Lev. 19:29 | Lev. 21:9 | 1 Cor. 6:16)
- Sexual Immorality [“porneia”] (Matt. 19:9 | 1 Cor. 6:13 | 1 Cor. 6:18 | Eph. 5:3 | 1 Thess. 4:3)
- Pagan sexual activity (Ex. 32 | Is. 57:7-8 | Hos. 4:12-14 | Eph. 5:5 | Col. 3:5)
Since they didn’t bother to acknowledge God, God quit bothering them and let them run loose. And then all hell broke loose: Romans 1:28 The Message
Therefore, God gave them over in their hearts to self-control and purity, that their bodies might be honored among them. For they kept and cherished the truth of God and worshiped and served the Creator, who is blessed forever, rather than the creature. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to pure and wholesome lives, lived with carefree ease even in the most intimate relations so that all received in their own persons the due reward of their fidelity. And just as they saw fit to acknowledge God in all things, God gave them over to a sound mind, to do those things which are proper, being filled with all righteousness, goodness, generosity, kindness; full of selflessness, life, healing, openness, kindliness; they are gentle in speech, always building others up, lovers of God, respectful, humble, self-effacing, inventors of good, obedient to parents, understanding, trustworthy, loving, merciful; and as they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are possessors of life, they do the same, and give hearty approval to those who do likewise. Adaptation of Romans 1:24-32